Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Being Over 30 Is Fun

In my 20's I learned many things not just in training but in relationships, moving to various places including a new state, taking on exercises most today wouldn't dare do and have been through many ups and downs. Survived a leg injury, got to travel, met really incredible people and all the while doing my best to have the time of my life. I'm now in my 30's and life is just as grand if not far better.

I have made PR's more than a few times but nothing compared to the last couple months using my heavy Epic Sledgehammer. Hit more than 1200 reps using weights as heavy as 26, 31, 39, 44 and 50 lbs. My grip strength has skyrocketed, my conditioning is through the roof and it's kept me eating quite a bit without putting on a ton of fat. I'm in love with a beautiful woman whom I call my Spider Monkey. That's another PR for me that is just incredibly awesome and full of joy. Hammers may keep me strong physically but nothing compares to a woman that has made me feel more alive in years. I guess you can say PR's are a thing for me.

Guys who turn 30 start to feel like they're winding down and ready to just feel as if they can't get any stronger than how they were in their 20's, a decade has passed and no more wild parties or having the strength like they use to have. Hate to break to you but those guys have no clue what life truly means. I'm 31 and I have built up even more strength and testosterone than ever and i'm just getting warmed up. Life is bad ass and I can't be any happier.

Since the formation of my record breaking hammer workouts I'm living life one ton at a time. Using a heavy hammer to be my full on weight and lifting it plus hitting a tire in the quadruple digits is the symbol of how I strengthen my body and mind to tackle challenges and obstacles. I live happily without being used, hurt, taken advantage of and never feeling like I can't be myself. Live with what you have and make the best with who you are, who you choose to be around and never dread getting older, dread not being able to live. Take chances and kick down doors you never thought were able to open. Being over 30 is fun.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *